Advice for boards and top management teams
The articles in this section are a based on Leadership Advisor Group’s expertise built through years of experience improving board and top team effectiveness by addressing processes, governance, and team dynamics as well as identifying and developing the key strengths of individual leaders.
Our ambition is that together with our clients, we set the standard and continuously raise the bar for effective board practice and top team performance for companies and foundations. Indeed, at Leadership Advisor Group we are on a mission to make the world better led by supporting boards and CEOs.
Articles include (we update this list continuously):
- How to work better with your board of directors
- Board has a role in enterprise risk management
- What good looks like in reporting on board evaluations
- Inspiration for reporting board’s stakeholder engagement activities
- Why boards should value the chance to improve corporate governance
- Measuring company purpose, culture, and values
- How to involve your board at the right level in company strategy
- Is your board meeting agenda really addressing the key strategic questions?
- Does your board focus on the KPIs that matter most?
- How to improve the quality of your board papers?
- Why and how to evaluate the Chair
- Evaluating individual board members is important but often overlooked
- What is a board charter and why is it important?
- Board committees should have updated charters
- How to find a board role
- Advice for first time board members
- Why and how to describe your board members to the public?
- Does your board benchmark itself vs other boards of directors?
- Did you know your board is responsible for having a backup plan for the CEO?
- Questions the board should ask the CHRO
- Celebrate your Corporate Secretaries for their sometimes unrecognized support for the board!
- Did you know the board is responsible for diversity at the company?
- Why and how to evaluate board performance and build better boards
- Self-assessment versus external board evaluation
- Benefits of external board evaluation
- Checklist for your board evaluation
- new articles coming soon!
If you are interested in discussing any of these or related topics further, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.